I made this tasty pasta salad for the footy festivities on the weekend, it was great for a crowd and also a meal in one for vegetarians that don't like BBQ food. I had it both cold and warm and it was delicious either way, I'll definitely be making it again.
Caprese Style Pasta Salad
Super Food Ideas Magazine, November 2011
750g packet bow tie pasta
1/2 cup basil pesto
1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
1.5 cups fresh basil leaves
3 tomatoes, roughly chopped (or I used 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved)
180g tub baby bocconcini, halved
1. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet instructions until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain well. Transfer to a large bowl to cool.
2. Combine pesto and vinegar in a small jug.
3. Place basil, tomato, bocconcini and cooled pasta in a large bowl.
4. Add pesto mixture. Season with salt and cracked pepper.
5. Toss to combine and serve.
Note: This dish is best eaten at room temperature so only refrigerate if you won't be eating it straight away. With the leftovers I heated it in the microwave for a minute and served it warm and it was just as yummy.
[All images my own]