The other weekend I made a batch of these Muesli and Banana Muffins and they went down so well I made another lot this weekend just gone.
If you're after a muffin recipe that's tasty and healthy for you too then these are perfect. They are a little heavy as they have muesli in them but that means they are a filling snack and will get you through from morning tea until lunchtime!
Muesli + Banana Muffins
Source: Masterfoods, Inspiring Tastes Cookbook
2 cups self raising flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp mixed spice
2 cups muesli (not toasted, I used muesli with dried fruit)
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 bananas, mashed
125g butter, melted and cooled
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tbs honey
1/4 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Lightly grease muffin pan or use muffin papers.
2. Combine the flour, cinnamon, mixed spice, muesli and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
3. In another bowl mix together the banana, butter, eggs, honey and milk.
4. Stir the banana mixture into the dry ingredients until just combined.
5. Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin pan and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
6. Leave to cool before turning out onto a wire rack.
These are delicious fresh from the oven or pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds before serving so they are warm.
You can cut them in half and spread some butter on for an extra nice treat!
What's your favourite muffin combination?
[All images my own]
Pin It Now!