Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, February 27, 2017

Book Review: Lyrebird By Cecelia Ahern

This is a book review of Lyrebird by Cecelia Ahern that was published by Harper Collins Australia on 24 October 2016.

Cecelia Ahern is an international best seller with her debut novel P.S. I Love You being adapted into a movie. As well as writing novels Celia has written several TV series including a comedy series Samantha Who? in the USA.


This is a beautiful story about a young woman Laura who lives an isolated life in the mountains in Ireland until a film crew find her and discover her talents of 'mimcry' very similar to the Australian native 'Lyrebird' which mimics sounds.

Laura is taken from her home and sanctuary and out into the real world and that's when the story really gains momentum.

The story is told mostly from Laura's perspective but also from the film crew Bo and Solomon. The insight into their minds and hearts so you can read what they are both thinking and feeling at the same time was just brilliant and really helped in understanding the characters better.

The writing is just beautiful, I could not fault the story nor the words, it really was something truly unique and special. This is one of those rare books that you come across that will leave you thinking about it and talking about it long after the final page has been read.

I have been recommending this book of magic and romance to everyone it's too much of a special read not to be shared.

I give this book 5 stars out of  5

Jarrah Jungle's Star Rating:
1 Bad - I'd rather eat brussel sprouts topped with anchovies than read this again
2 Not Good - I'd rather watch paint dry than read this again
3 Ok - I'm sitting on the fence - its not great but not terrible either
4 Good - I'd give up a bottle of the worlds best champagne for this read
5 Great - I'd pass up a date with Johnny Depp for this read


Lyrebird can be purchased from the author here or Harper Collins Australia


Sharing my book review on Good Reads here and Netgalley


Disclosure:  NetGalley partner with bloggers such as me to help promote authors and their books and I was given this ebook published by Harper Collins Australia to review. As always, all opinions are my own.


 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png

For exclusive extras and daily updates ... follow Jarrah Jungle on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter


Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. I am def. going to check this out and add it to my to read list! Thank you for sharing. Def. an original idea for a book!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a must read Carrie I think you'll like it! x

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!