Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, April 24, 2017

Cookbook Review: I Love Soup By Beverly Le Blanc

This is a book review of I Love Soup: More than 100 of the world's most delicious and nutritious recipes by Beverly Le Blanc that was published by Nourish Books on 13 September 2016 and released in Australia in February 2017.

Beverly Le Blanc is a food editor of the UK edition of Readers Digest and has written 12 other cookbooks including slow cooking and student meals.


The name says it all really - this is a cookbook for soup lovers with over 100 recipes for well known and delicious soups, from indulgent and creamy soups, to hearty and filling meal in one soups, to delicate summertime chilled soups it has it all in this a one stop guide for soup lovers.

I really like cookbooks that focus on one dish like this one and with over 100 soup recipes to pick from if you feel like soup then this book is bound to have a recipe for you.

This cookbook is perfect for beginners as the recipes are very easy to follow and there's some fancier recipes as well if you are hosting a dinner party or feel like something a bit more indulgent.

I would have liked to see more images of each recipe there was only images for half the recipes and it's really a necessity for cookbooks to have images of every dish to be inspired to cook them and to see how the finished dish should turn out. Reading this as an ebook was a bit difficult and a hardcopy version of this cookbook is a must to use in the kitchen.

I recommend this book to soup lovers it's a great one stop guide to making soup and a must have for the kitchen shelf at home.

I give this book 3 stars out of  5

Jarrah Jungle's Star Rating:
1 Bad - I'd rather eat brussel sprouts topped with anchovies than read this again
2 Not Good - I'd rather watch paint dry than read this again
3 Ok - I'm sitting on the fence - its not great but not terrible either
4 Good - I'd give up a bottle of the worlds best champagne for this read
5 Great - I'd pass up a date with Ryan Gosling for this read


I Love Soup can be purchased from Nourish Books


Sharing my book review on Good Reads here and Netgalley

Disclosure:  NetGalley partner with bloggers such as me to help promote authors and their books and I was given this ebook published by Nourish Books to review. As always, all opinions are my own.

 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png

For exclusive extras and daily updates ... follow Jarrah Jungle on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter


[Image via Nourish Books]

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. I really need to try making some other soups... I have about 3-4 I rotate, but I get tired of them!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love trying different soups there are so many variations :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!