Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, May 16, 2014

Interior Door Handles

Following on with us replacing all the internal doors in the house and hanging a new front door, once we had chosen the door styles, we also had to pick out the door handles ..... kind of crucial if you want to open or shut a door as I have discovered being trapped in the bathroom with no door handle the other day!

Picking the handles has proved to be harder than picking the doors themselves, because we are spoilt for choice when it comes to styles and brands. Sometimes I wish there were less choice because it would make picking one a lot easier!



Prices between brands really differ as well with some handles costing half the price of others.

The Bargain Queen in me always wants to save some pennies and go the cheaper option ..... But Mr P's voice of reason explains you want a trusted brand name with a handle that feels like good quality in your hand not some rattling cheap hardware that is going to fall apart.
 
Fair call Mr P and as you're paying for them and installing them I guess I'll keep my mouth shut and just blog about it instead!
 
 

We decided to pick our interior door handles in a similar style to our French Doors and Front Door handle. A tapered style of handle with an edging strip, in brushed silver because it doesn't show finger marks. While I love the shiny chrome look, I'd hate to have to clean marks off them all the time so the brushed silver finish is my favourite.


We chose these Lockwood handles because they had the same outline and shape as the new exterior handles. Plus we managed to find them at half the RRP price so paid $25 each instead of $45 in the stores.



A DIY job for the weekend will be to install the new handles on all the new internal doors .... it has been a bit of fun trying to open and close the bathroom door without a handle and I've had a few "I'm trapped in here and nobody's home" moments but luckily I managed to get the door open eventually without too much panic! 
  
Are you a brushed silver = no finger prints or shiny silver = love my bling kind of person?

 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png

For exclusive extras and daily updates ... follow Jarrah Jungle on Facebook and Instagram


[All images my own]

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!