Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Never Give Up

Who would’ve thought finding a black and white swirly girly rug would be so hard? It’s only 2 colours and a bit of a pattern. Not much to ask I thought. Well let me tell you there aren’t too many white rugs out there. Beige no probs. Off-white plenty of those. But bright white? Oh no we don’t have that type sorry. Ugggh.

Why do I always want what turns out to be a difficult, one of a kind, pain in the ass to find? But did I give up? Hell no!

Me and the boy drove around the country side and checked out about half a dozen rug shops and when we pulled into the last shop about 15 minutes before closing time I wasn’t hopeful. But my ears pricked up when the salesman said because we were the last customers of the day we could have any rug on the rack we were looking at for $165. Some were labeled up to $450 so suddenly orange and brown and crazy patterns became appealing. But then I decided not to give up on what I really wanted and explained exactly what I was after. He showed me one he had and it was near on perfect but it was way too big for the room. So as we were heading for the door defeated and deflated he said he’d check out the back ... and he came back carrying the perfect size and the perfect pattern. I could’ve kissed him!

Just to prove even if you think your getting a bargain, you can probably get a better one, I fluttered my eyelashes a bit more and we took it home for $150. Sweet.

It went straight into it's new room the Craft Room/Study. I love how it makes such a bold statement in such a small room. It's just what I was looking for, just goes to show NEVER GIVE UP!
 
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome find!! Way to go holding out for the perfect piece at the perfect price. :) Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and you're welcome to steal the "Man Room" name - I'm sure I borrowed it from somebody else along the way... ;)

    Meredith @ Welcome to Heardmont

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!