Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Bar-FishTank

Since I moved the fish tank into the dining area I've been keen to do some aquascaping and give the fish tank a bit of a theme. As the fish tank sits on a wine buffet I thought a bar theme was very fitting! So after weeks and weeks of scouring the op shops looking for the perfect pieces that were safe to put into the water, so only glass or ceramic - no wood or metal or anything that was going to flake off and poison the fish. I'm pretty happy with how it looks but it still needs a few more ornate looking bottles ... I guess that means I have some drinking to do!

Before it was a pretty standard fish home with pebbles, shells and rock caves ....



After with Beer Steins $5 each; Gold sippers $2 each; Wine glasses from Swan Valley tastings, bottle, shot glasses and swizzle sticks already had ...





Joining up to linky parties Goodbye City Hello Suburbs and Savvy Southern Style why don't you head on over and see some of the amazing features they have this week.
Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! It looks brilliant! I love watching fish swim around but not so keen on the cleaning of the tank! Yours looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool idea! Love the beer jugs in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bar theme - great idea! I bet the fish are enjoying exploring their new scenery

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is really cute. i love the wine glasses. they look really pretty in the water. nice work! and what's a fish tank without a swizzle stick huh!! it looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. looking pretty darn snazzy!!

    ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks lovely, I love the colours and the creativity

    Claudia xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!