Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Book Review: When God Was A Rabbit By Sarah Winman

My May book club read was When God Was A Rabbit By Sarah Winman


This was a sweet little book about a brother and sister and the family and friends that share their lives and their stories. The sister Elly is the main character and has a bit of a dark sense of humour. This is no warm and fuzzy happy ending story it is real and believable and that's what I liked about it the most. The writing is simple in that not every sentence is described in great detail so to be honest there were times when I was wondering what had just happened because it didn't have long winded sentences to paint a picture for you. You kind of had to use your imagination and piece it together yourself.

There was some life changing events surrounding 9/11 which was really sad and just shows there are just so many stories and experiences from that terrible day that people are still living with to this day. (You can read my review of another book about 9/11 Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close here).

I would recommend this book to brothers and sisters you will understand the bond these 2 had. I give this book 3 stars.


Jarrah Jungle's Star Rating:
1 Bad - I'd rather eat brussel sprouts topped with anchovies than read this again
2 Not Good - I'd rather watch re-runs of Neighbours than read this again
3 Ok - I'm sitting on the fence - its not great but not terrible either
4 Good - I'd pass up a pack of tim tams for this read
5 Great - I'd pass up a date with Johnny Depp for this read


[Image via Angus & Robertson]


Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. thanks for linking this to Books You Loved. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with your comments, I was confused at times but generally liked the book. Loved the old guys character - I've forgotten his name though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!