Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Where I Turn For Inspiration And My Happy Place

Whenever I find myself in a bit of a slump and lacking motivation and inspiration I head towards the closest book store or library and get lost amongst the isles of pretty and interesting book covers.


A book store offers a totally different vibe to me and I can't wait to get my hands on those new untouched books with their crisp pages and new smell. I'll usually reach for interior design and decorating books that I can't afford to splurge on but feel so much better once I've looked at them. When it comes to these types of books I'm not a reader I'm a flipper. I can't take in all the inspiring pages quick enough!
 
The library is a favourite for me too and I go there about once a fortnight. I've managed to borrow almost every single book for my Book Club reads from the library over the last 2 years which has saved me a fortune. There is something very quiet and comforting about the library. It has a different smell almost a bit dusty and old school. I'll stalk the shelves until I see something that catches my eye and get out books based on opening the book at a random page and reading a few lines.
 
Books are my inspiration and visiting these book places brings me up when I'm feeling down. I guess you could call it my happy place.
 
Where do you turn for inspiration? Do you have a happy place?
 
 
[Image via my Pinterest - find me here]
 
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. So great to hear your love of books for inspiration Michelle, I too of course turn to my books. Fortunately I just have to walk into my office and it is a book shop :)

    Hope you're feeling inspired xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Libraries and book stores are some of my favorite places to visit as well - the fact that they always have their A/C on full blast is another plus :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Book shops are definitely my happy place, I can (&do) spend hours browsing around the one in town :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!