Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, January 25, 2016

Book Review: Alternative Movie Posters 11: More Film Art From The Underground By Matthew Chojnacki

This is a book review of Alternative Movie Posters 11: More Film Art from the Underground By Matthew Chojnacki that was published by Schiffer Publishing on 25 November 2015.

Matthew Chojnaki is an award winning freelance writer and film/music historian. Matthew lives in Cleveland, Ohio. This is his third book.


This is the second volume of Alternative Movie Posters to be released and I think you could just keep on making more volumes there are so many movies which could be printed in a book like this.

In this book there are over 200 movie posters created by over 100 artists.

Each page contains an alternative movie poster for well known movies from classics to new releases such as Ghostbusters, Pulp Fiction, Fight Club, The Black Lagoon, The Matrix, Aliens, The Incredibles, and lots more.

There is behind the scenes information on the movies and actors on the bottom of each poster.



Some of the artists are new and emerging talents and others are returning favourites and more well known.

The art work is all a similar style of colour illustrations, they are interesting to look at and I think they've made their point about bringing old fashioned design back to movie posters.

This is a large book with the posters bigger than A4 pages - they would look fantastic framed and turned into wall art for a theatre room, games rooms, or even the man cave!




I really love this book, it's a keepsake, that most ages can relate to as you will have seen or heard of the movies in the book.

Seeing the movie posters created in a different way is really interesting and this is a fun, entertaining and unique book to have on your bookshelf.

I recommend this book to movie fans with an artistic eye - it can be used for home decorating or as a coffee table book.

I give this book 5 stars out of  5

Jarrah Jungle's Star Rating:
1 Bad - I'd rather eat brussel sprouts topped with anchovies than read this again
2 Not Good - I'd rather watch paint dry than read this again
3 Ok - I'm sitting on the fence - its not great but not terrible either
4 Good - I'd give up a bottle of the worlds best champagne for this read
5 Great - I'd pass up a date with Johnny Depp for this read


Alternative Movie Posters 11 can be purchased from the author here and Schiffer Publishing 


Sharing my book review on Good Reads here and Netgalley


Disclosure:  NetGalley partner with bloggers such as me to help promote authors and their books and I was given this ebook published by Schiffer Publishing to review. As always, all opinions are my own.


 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png

For exclusive extras and daily updates ... follow Jarrah Jungle on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter



[Images via Schiffer Publishing

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!