Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Book Review: Design Sponge At Home by Grace Bonney

Santa has spoilt me early this Christmas and I haven't been able to put this book down since it was given to me by my Kris Kringle :)

Design Sponge at Home by Grace Bonney what a little beauty this book turned out to be. Written by the humble Grace Bonney who started her blog Design Sponge 7 years ago to connect with other creative home loving people.

This book is not a flashy vogue type read, it is down to earth and full of honest pictures of rooms that you could definately create yourself, with flea market and op shop finds turned into something special. It proves my motto that you don't have to spend a lot of money to create a beautiful home, and most importantly a home full of personality. It has heaps of pages of real peoples homes from all across the globe to perve on, plus lots of before and afters, and some cool and thrifty diy projects that I might just have to have a go at over the Chrissy break.

I would recommend this book for the renovators who get excited about a good before and after and like a bit of diy inspiration
This book gets 5 stars - sorry Johnny Depp you just can't turn me on like Design Sponge does!

Jarrah Jungle's Star Rating:
1 Bad - I'd rather eat brussel sprouts topped with anchovies than read this again
2 Not Good - I'd rather watch re-runs of Neighbours than read this again
3 Ok - I'm sitting on the fence - its not great but not terrible either
4 Good - I'd pass up a pack of tim tams for this read
5 Great - I'd pass up a date with Johnny Depp for this read

[Images and books purchased from Book Despository] Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering what this book was like so thanks for sharing your review - what a great early Chrissy present. Have fun flicking through it more over the break x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!