Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, March 13, 2017

Book Review: The Girl Before By J P Delaney

This is a book review of The Girl Before by J P Delaney that was published by Hatchette Australia on 31 January 2017.

This is the first psychological thriller from J P Delaney, a pseudonym for a writer who has previously written bestselling fiction under other names.


This is a fast paced thriller about two young woman Emma and Jane - the story is told in parallel chapters by Emma who tells her story from the past and by Jane who tells her story in the present.

Both Emma and Jane rent a modern minimalist house from a renowned and unusual architect who built the house. To live in the house they sign a contract, need to follow strict rules and are continually tested to see how living in the home affects them psychologically.

Between the two main characters Emma and Jane, the relationships they have with men and the unusual terms of agreement they have with the architect, this is an interesting and modern read that is hard to put down.

As with most thrillers there's death and mystery and I suspected almost all of the characters, it is really well written and the suspense is there until the very end.

Whilst some relate this book to The Girl On The Train I actually felt it was closer to 50 Shades Of Grey !

I recommend this book to thriller readers.

I give this book 4 stars out of  5

Jarrah Jungle's Star Rating:
1 Bad - I'd rather eat brussel sprouts topped with anchovies than read this again
2 Not Good - I'd rather watch paint dry than read this again
3 Ok - I'm sitting on the fence - its not great but not terrible either
4 Good - I'd give up a bottle of the worlds best champagne for this read
5 Great - I'd pass up a date with Ryan Gosling for this read


The Girl Before can be purchased from Hatchette Australia


Sharing my book review on Good Reads here and Netgalley


Disclosure:  NetGalley partner with bloggers such as me to help promote authors and their books and I was given this ebook published by Hatchette Australia to review. As always, all opinions are my own.


 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png

For exclusive extras and daily updates ... follow Jarrah Jungle on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter


[Image via Hatchette Australia]

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, sounds very different yet definitely would want to keep you turning the pages! Another book for me to check out! :)

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!