Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, March 27, 2017

Book Review: The Pretty Delicious Cafe By Danielle Hawkins

This is a book review of The Pretty Delicious Cafe by Danielle Hawkins that was published by Harper Collins Australia on 1 December 2016.

Danielle Hawkins is a New Zealand author who is a qualified vet and lives on a beef and sheep farm with her husband and two small children. When she finds the time between juggling family and farming life she writes books and this is her third book.


Set in a seaside town of Ratai in New Zealand this is a light-hearted, modern and quirky story about Lia who runs a Cafe with her twin brother's fiance Anna.

The Cafe is at the heart of the story and each day the girls work hard to cook meals and serve the customers. There is a bonus section at the back of the book with recipes made in the Cafe which is a nice touch.

There's the usual small town characters which play a part and add interest as well as dramas, a wedding, and a few romance stories thrown in for good measure.

When I saw this book was recommended to fans of Offspring an icon Australian tv drama series I instantly downloaded it and I wasn't disappointed.

I recommend this book to take on your next holiday as an easy to read contemporary women's fiction.

I give this book 4 stars out of  5

Jarrah Jungle's Star Rating:
1 Bad - I'd rather eat brussel sprouts topped with anchovies than read this again
2 Not Good - I'd rather watch paint dry than read this again
3 Ok - I'm sitting on the fence - its not great but not terrible either
4 Good - I'd give up a bottle of the worlds best champagne for this read
5 Great - I'd pass up a date with Ryan Gosling for this read


The Pretty Delicious Cafe can be purchased from the author here or Harper Collins Australia


Sharing my book review on Good Reads here and Netgalley


Disclosure:  NetGalley partner with bloggers such as me to help promote authors and their books and I was given this ebook published by Harper Collins Australia to review. As always, all opinions are my own.


 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png

For exclusive extras and daily updates ... follow Jarrah Jungle on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter


Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. I just love it when books include recipes! I almost always try some of them! :)

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes me too but they always seem to make me hungry at inconvenient times like when I'm sitting on the bus reading and have no food with me!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!