Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Book Review: Notting Hell by Rachel Johnson

There's a reason I shouldn't go into the library unprepared without a few books on my wish list, because when they didn't have any of the books I wanted to read I was left to walk the aisles and grab a book at random.

Bad idea, all that I had to go by was the cover and name and ended up walking out with Notting Hell by Rachel Johnson


As the name suggests this was a bit of a hellish read and I debated whether to write this review because I don't have a lot of nice things to say about it. But in all fairness I'm going to review all books I read, both good and bad and you never know it just might stop someone from dying from boredom in the near future! And hey, it's just my opinion, you might love it you might have your own sexy billionaire living next door that wants to marry you on his yatch, who am I to judge!

This book is based on an english share garden residence where the rich and famous spend their days going to yoga, shagging their neighbours and ignoring their children. The story is told by 2 women and they each take turns to tell their story alternating chapters all through the book, talk about confusing, I didn't realise this until half way through when they were talking about one another! The humour was the only thing keeping me reading this and maybe the sex scenes although even those weren't that steamy.

I would recommend this book for any one who loves to live in a fantasy land of the rich and famous. Or thinks their billionaire neighbor wants to marry them on his yatch.

I give this book - 1 star

Jarrah Jungle's Star Rating
1 Bad - I'd rather eat brussel sprouts topped with anchovies than read this again
2 Not Good - I'd rather watch re-runs of Neighbours than read this again
3 Ok - I'm sitting on the fence - its not great but not terrible either
4 Good - I'd pass up a pack of tim tams for this read
5 Great - I'd pass up a date with Johnny Depp for this read


[Image via Dymocks]

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. eeeek, thinks I'll give this one a BIG miss - thanks for the heads up!!

    ~x~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!