Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, June 21, 2013

Do More Of What Makes You Happy

As Friday evening sets in and I sit and ponder the weekend ahead and the kitchen renovations that are now heading into the 8th week and still not quite finished ... my weekend will be filled with tradesmen coming to fix some things on the kitchen cupboards, tile shopping can you believe we haven't even picked out the splash back tiles yet! Hopefully make a start on plastering and painting the walls and ceiling and of course the usual domestic goddess duties washing and cleaning and wine consumption etc.
 
People are like ughhh how do you cope. Where are you cooking. Isn't it annoying. Whys it taking so long etc etc. But you know what? As crazy as it sounds I actually do love doing these renovations ... they make me happy and I'm really enjoying seeing what we've dreamt come to life.
 


Are you doing what makes you happy?

[Image via My Pinterest - You can follow me here]

Pin It Now!

12 comments:

  1. The end result is SO worth it... and getting there is fun, too! You guys are doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, Michelle - you are officially eccentric - to like renovations that take a long time - I'm sure the end result will be great though. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha by eccentric you mean crazy right?! Yes I guess I must be to like renovating :)

      Delete
  3. Just think of how gorgeous your kitchen will be once all the renovations are done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading your posts Michelle - I can tell you genuinely love renovating because you know the end results will be worth it! It's part of what makes your blog such a joy to read. Very inspiring. We are living in reno mess at the moment, camping out in the lounge room with the ensuite renos going on, and it's the thought of the finished result that spurs me on to treat it like a little adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nawwww thanks so much Maya!
      Sounds like fun camping inside, I wont ask where your showering and brushing your teeth!
      I think you've got to see it as an adventure if your going to get all upset and whinge about it then renovating is not for you, spend a ton more money and get something thats done to someone elses taste instead ;)

      Delete
  5. Perspective...patience....some people just don't have it. I figure good things come to those who wait- haha! What's a little inconvenience when you look at the big picture? Enjoy the renovations and picking out paint, etc. Yes, I am doing what makes me happy, so glad you are too. :)
    shawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you!!! I love the renovation process and yes it does get dirty and dusty, things are out of place but isn't that half the fun of tackling the project. You are ahead of me... I still haven't picked my splashback tile yet! Lisa xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im so glad Im not alone :)
      We havent picked ours yet either - first tile shopping was on the weekend and it confused us even more!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!