Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, November 16, 2015

Book Club Book Review: Go Set A Watchman By Harper Lee

My Book Club's book choice for the month of September was Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee


This story is set in the 1950s and is a sequel to How To Kill A Mockingbird and features some of the main characters many years on.

When 26 year old Jean comes home from bustling New York to her sleepy hometown of Maycomb, Alabama, she's shocked to learn of the racism abound in her community and from her family and friends.

The story just doesn't seem to go anywhere until the very end when Jean has a disagreement with her family and friends and finally they get to the crux of the issue and the soul of the story.

I wish the whole book had been as passionate and interesting as that final chapter.

I recommend this book to anyone who has read How To Kill A Mockingbird as you may enjoy it more than I did, I haven't read it which may be the reason I didn't enjoy this book. 

I give this book 2 stars out of  5

Jarrah Jungle's Star Rating:
1 Bad - I'd rather eat brussel sprouts topped with anchovies than read this again
2 Not Good - I'd rather watch paint dry than read this again
3 Ok - I'm sitting on the fence - its not great but not terrible either
4 Good - I'd give up a bottle of the worlds best champagne for this read
5 Great - I'd pass up a date with Johnny Depp for this read


 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png

For exclusive extras and daily updates ... follow Jarrah Jungle on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter


[Image via Penguin Books]

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!