Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, April 11, 2016

Book Review: Jasper Jones By Craige Silvey

This is a book review of Jasper Jones by Craig Silvey

A very good friend lent me this book to read and I absolutely loved it and as such it has joined my 2016 Reading Challenge list at 6/12 a book chosen for you by your BFF!

This book has won a heap of awards and was voted #70 of the Top 101 for 2015 with Dymocks Booklovers. It has been made into a screen play which was shown at the State Theatre Centre of Western Australia and is being turned into a movie to be released early in 2016.


This is a novel set in the summer of 1965 in Corrigan a small country town in Western Australia and is narrated by Charlie, a thirteen year old boy.

Charlie, a shy quiet book lover becomes tied up with the town rebel Jasper when they make the grim discovery of a young girl who has gone missing.

This novel takes you on the journey of a young teenager and his inner most thoughts and fears of school, bullies, girls, parents, life's journey and purpose.

Whilst it was a tense read about a disappearance and a crime that had been committed, it was also funny and witty and the bantering between friends and family was very clever (and very Australian as well!). It dealt with confronting issues like racism and bullying and handles them honestly and openly.

The storyline is strong right from the start to the very last page, it was a brilliant story, cleverly written and accurately expressed in the words of a teenage boy.

I recommend this beautiful Australian novel to all readers and suggest you read the book now before the movie comes out as no doubt it will be a smash hit!

I give this book 5 stars out of  5

Jarrah Jungle's Star Rating:
1 Bad - I'd rather eat brussel sprouts topped with anchovies than read this again
2 Not Good - I'd rather watch paint dry than read this again
3 Ok - I'm sitting on the fence - its not great but not terrible either
4 Good - I'd give up a bottle of the worlds best champagne for this read
5 Great - I'd pass up a date with Johnny Depp for this read


 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png

For exclusive extras and daily updates ... follow Jarrah Jungle on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter


[Image via Dymocks

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Keep your book reviews coming, this one sounds like a great book to add to my 'to read' list. I always like to read a book before it comes out on film (if I can help it).

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie I do love to share book reviews especially when its a must read! You will probably find the words a bit funny it takes a bit of getting use to our Aussie slang :)

      Delete
  2. I love the sound of this book. Definitely one to look out for at the bookstore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty popular too Trishie so you shouldn't have any problem finding it :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!