Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, June 13, 2016

Book Review: Darkest Place By Jaye Ford

This is a book review of Darkest Place by Jaye Ford that was published by Random House Australia on 1 February 2016.

Jaye Ford is an Australian author who decided at 40 that her dream to become an author would never be realised until she sat down and finished writing something and 10 years later she published her first crime book and has published four more since then plus a romantic comedy. Jaye lives in Lake Macquarie, New South Wales with her husband, two dogs and a backyard vegetable patch.

This is the second crime novel I have read of Jaye's and she is fast becoming one of my favourite Australian authors - you can find my review of her previous novel Already Dead here.


This is a psychological thriller about Carly a young woman who has moved from country NSW to Newcastle to start a new life on her own, focus on her studies and try to deal with the grief of losing her best friends many years ago.

The story is set mostly around Carly's new home a modern warehouse apartment. Carly thinks her place is being broken into but with no evidence of a break in, the police, Dr and neighbors start to imply it's all in Carly's mind. This also makes the reader question whether Carly is making it up or if it's actually happening.

The setting never strays far from the warehouse as this is the main focus of the story which builds momentum as it unfolds and it's a fast paced race to the end to see what happens.

The writing is easy to follow and I warmed to all of the characters they were described well and fit into the story brilliantly (as well as becoming suspects!) and a sexy romance added a bit of spice and interest too.

I recommend this book to suspense and Jaye Ford fans .... but you might want to read it with the doors locked and the lights on!


I give this book 5 stars out of  5

Jarrah Jungle's Star Rating:
1 Bad - I'd rather eat brussel sprouts topped with anchovies than read this again
2 Not Good - I'd rather watch paint dry than read this again
3 Ok - I'm sitting on the fence - its not great but not terrible either
4 Good - I'd give up a bottle of the worlds best champagne for this read
5 Great - I'd pass up a date with Johnny Depp for this read


Darkest Place can be purchased from the author here and Random House Australia


Sharing my book review on Good Reads here and Netgalley


Disclosure:  NetGalley partner with bloggers such as me to help promote authors and their books and I was given this ebook published by Random House Australia to review. As always, all opinions are my own.


 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png

For exclusive extras and daily updates ... follow Jarrah Jungle on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter



[Image via Random House Australia

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. How interesting that she decided to become an author at 40 (since I am a couple years shy of 40!). Sounds like a great suspense book and I can tell you really enjoy reading this authors books, I need to check her out sometime!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right which just shows you are never ever ever too late to follow your dreams. I loved this book very entertaining :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!