Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

It's been 1 year in the Jarrah Jungle home

It's been 1 year and 1 week (I forgot last week amidst the 30 hour flight home from Spain!) since we got the keys to our first home sweet home.

And what a year it's been!


In those first few months Mr P and I were as keen as mustard to get the renovations done. All of them in fact.

We'd madly hoped to have the inside of the house complete by now, yep all painted, kitchen and bathrooms renovated, everything replaced with our own stamp on it, and artistically decorated by yours truly. Yea sure we can do that no worries mate ..... And work full time jobs at the same time. Hmmm maybe not!

It's taking a bit longer than initially thought but that's ok. We're enjoying it and making sure we have plenty of fun in between. All work and no play makes for a dull household and we don't want that!

So here's what we have managed to accomplish so far, as well as hosting a few dinner parties and friendly ping pong comps!
  • Restored the floorboards which were covered in ugly green carpet
  • Painted the master bedroom, guest room, study/craft room and hallway
  • Hung up new blinds throughout
  • Installed a killer dream wardrobe
  • Replaced all the old tapware in bathroom and laundry
  • Installed a shiny new fridge with filtered water and ice
  • Had ducted air conditioning put in
  • Removed the humongous trees from the front and back gardens
  • Decommissioned tanks and repaved patio
Yes we've been busy bees!


Not to mention this is also the first time we've lived together. I've had to expand my culinary skills from toasties which was my staple bachelorette dinner to whipping up tasty meals that actually contain something called 'nutrients'. 

I probably own more cookbooks now than I need but they entice me to try new things (although cous cous and rice are still my arch rivals but I will concore you one day!).

I've also washed more socks n jocks than I have in my whole entire life!

But on the plus side I'll never have to change a light bulb again or be scared of the dark with my gorgeous man by my side. And I'm loving every minute of it.


Happy 1 year on Jarrah Jungle and Mr P ..... can't wait to see what the next year brings!


 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png

For exclusive extras and daily updates ... follow Jarrah Jungle on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter


[All images my own]

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Wow - congrats! Nutrients are totally overrated but shiny new fridges? Priceless. All the better to store the wine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!