I was lucky enough to get 2 Liebster Blog Awards recently so I have combined them both into this one post. This award gives me a chance to do a shout out to some new and happening bloggers which is always a great cause to support.
The first nomination was from the talkative but very smart studying to be a lawyer Karla from Love and Inbetween who nominated me for this Liebster Blog Award. Thanks so much Karla!
The second was from wine appreciator with the cutest blog mascot Raj the lovely Rachel of Hair of the Dog who nominated me for this award. Thanks a bunch Rachel!
I was nominated for a Liebster Blog Award about a year ago but thought it would be fun to do another one. I've combined half of Karla's questions with half of Rachel's so you don't die of boredom reading 22 questions!
What is a Liebster Blog Award?
"The Liebster Award is for blogs with under 200 followers and the rules of the award is that the nominee must link back to whoever nominated them, write 11 random facts about themselves, answer 11 questions from the award giver, and then nominate another 11 bloggers and make up 11 questions for them to answer. It's a great way for new and undiscovered bloggers to meet new people, get more followers and find some blogs that they want to follow."
Here are Karla's 5 Questions and my Answers:
1. Why did you start a blog?
After moving into my first home with my boyfriend Mr P and we started to tackle our first renovation I wanted to keep track of the ugly befores and pretty afters and share my bargain finds and DIY creative projects. My blog has evolved from there and I don't think I could live without it now! I've recently added an About Me page which will tell you a bit more about why and what I blog about if you're curious.
2. What/Who inspires you to blog?
What - My home inspires me, there is always something around home that I can write about whether it's sharing a recipe or the latest renovation project we're working on.
Who - Other blogs inspire me, pretty images and interesting content. Also the world around me I find inspiration in my travels, when I'm out shopping, and the day to day happenings in life.
3. What do you usually love to blog about?
My house and the journey of decorating and renovating and turning it into a home.
I also really like doing my book reviews you know when you read a good book and your just dying to tell someone about it or worse you didn't like a book and you want to vent on the parts you didn't enjoy - my blog is my outlet to share my thoughts and opinions.
4. What's your dream vacation?
New York baby! I'd love to walk around Central Park hand in hand with Mr P sipping on a latte, picnic in the park, then off to Tiffanys for some pretty bling followed for dinner and drinks with a view over the dazzling NY city. I hope to travel to NY in the next year or two. For more travel musings check out my Travels page here.
5. What is the best advice you have about relationships?
Oh I like this question! Communication - talk to one another. Don't stay silent when you're upset and when they ask what's wrong don't say nothing ... tell them what's wrong! Talk and listen is the best advice. My other tip is don't go to bed angry - always stay up and make up!
|Cocktails at Hula Bula Bar|
Here are Rachel's 6 Questions and my Answers:
6. Do you have a dog? Please share a picture if you do!
I sure do my new addition to the house hold Lexi is a 1.5 yr old Rottie X Staffy - she's a cute mischievous digging chewing machine. I've had her for 3 months now after rescuing her from the RSPCA and she is well and truly a much loved part of me and Mr P's home.
7. What is your favourite beverage, alcoholic or non-alcoholic?
Is this a trick question? Alcoholic of course!
Preferably white wine, like a Sauvignon Semillon Blanc. I also love fruity cocktails with all the bells and whistles in the glass - umbrellas, swizzle sticks, the works (see photographic evidence above)!
8. What is your dream career or job?
I would love to work somewhere creative like for a magazine or interior design company - or a magazine about interior design would be perfect. I would also love to blog part time so I can dedicate more time and energy into what makes me truly happy and what I love to do - blog!
My real job is in the corporate world, working as an office administrator in a legal office. I've worked for the same company for over half my life ... going on 17 years now. I'm sure that must be a world record or something!
9. How would you describe your style (in décor or fashion)?
My fashion style is alternative, I'm definitely not a fashion follower if I like something and feel good in it I'll buy it, but I'm not one for following trends and being up with all the latest and greatest.
As for my decor style I'd call my style Modern Bohemian ... I like modern clean lines and colours but with a touch of fun and personality.
10. Do you have a guilty pleasure & what is it?
It would have to be home decor magazines. When I see their bright and shiny covers beckoning me in the line at the supermarket I can't resist throwing them in the trolley! I have been known to pass up a night out to sit on the couch with a glass of wine and my favourite magazine, definately my guilty pleasure!
11. What is your favourite annual holiday? Easter, Christmas, etc?
I love Christmas, it's the one time of the year the house gets decorating for the season, everyone is on holidays and relaxed and there's time to enjoy our amazing hot Aussie summer with friends and family. Oh and the presents, I can't forgot those I love to buy pressies for those nearest and dearest to me ... and of course getting pressies is pretty good to :-)
|As promised, my dog Lexi the first day in her new home|
That was fun thanks Karla and Rachel, I hope you don't mind sharing the questions! Thanks for reading everyone hope I didn't bore you to tears too much!
So here are my 11 nominated blogs - please show your support and visit them and say g'day
1. Any Way The Wind Blows - Book loving Sarah always has great stories to tell on her lovely blog.
2. Happy Girls are Pretty Girls - Adrian from sunny California writes about her home, hubby and pooch.
3. Blyth+Life - Blythe and her family get up to all sorts of adventures on the beautiful Gold Coast of Australia.
4. Elements at Home - Kristie is a fellow Perth home lover with a great eye for interior design and architecture.
5. Hair of the Dog - Yes this is the lovely Rachel who nominted me for this award and I already had her on my list of nominations so I'm keeping her on here because if my readers like wine and witty conversation then you will love your blog!
6. Journey to Contentment - Jodie is a talented writer and always has interesting tales to tell which will have you grinning at your computer screen like an idiot, guaranteed!
7. Seasons of Lust - Anya has made the move from New Zealand to our sunny Perth shores and writes about fun loving adventures, travel and everything in between.
8. Pour Ameliorer - Rebecca and her handy man hubby Tom are renovating gurus and share amazing before and afters of their homes as they renovate.
9. This Unscripted Life - Ashley from Illinois is a fellow book lover and where I turn for great book reviews.
10. Ruby Hoppen - Melbourne-ite Ruby is an artist and a seamstress and shares her talents and creative projects.
11. From Here To There - My overseas buddy Heather is a proud Mississippi girl who loves running and sharing yummy recipes.
Ladies, here are my 11 questions for you to answer:
1. Describe yourself in only 5 words?
2. How would your friends describe you?
3. What is your favourite season, Summer, Spring, Autumn or Winter?
4. What would you take with you to a deserted island?
5. What is your favourite line from a movie?
6. What country is on your travel destination wish list?
7. What is your dream job?
8. Where do you see yourself 3 years from now?
9. Why did you start your blog?
10. Where did the name of your blog come from?
11. What has surprised you the most about blogging?
Congratulations ladies, I hope you carry on the Liebster Award and nominated other bloggers, make up some fun questions and keep this award going.
[Images my own]