Australia's favourite long weekend is this Saturday 26 January ... a nation wide public holiday to celebrate all things Aussie!
Here are 5 things people love to do on Australia Day:
1. Go to a Skyworks Show - most Capital cities have their own big fireworks show and entertainment for all ages going from morning until night and best of all it's free!
2. Throw a shrimp on the BBQ and have a relaxing day kicking back drinking with friends and family - finding a poolside party so you can cool off is a must!
3. The sport lovers will be inside in the air conditioning beer in hand watching the cricket or tennis, the lucky ones will be watching a match live and the fit ones will be playing some backyard cricket.
4. Dress up in our national costume, anything goes pretty much so long as it's got the flag on it or is blue, red and white with a few stars thrown in. Bring on the face paint and temporary tattoos ... my blue sparkly nail polish always makes an appearance this time of year!
5. If I'm totally honest the single best thing about Australia Day to me is Triple Js Hottest 100 songs countdown for the year before, which means the party music is sorted from about 10am in the morning onwards!
What are your plans for Australia Day?
You can see my 2011 Australia Day here
[Images via Creative Roots]