Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Put It In A Shot Glass

I'm still a little obsessed with serving food in shot glasses. After my Christmas Day Chilled Pea Soup with Spanner Crab I served in shot glasses which looked great enmasse I'm keen to use the glasses again - and I have 24 little glasses sitting in the cupboard waiting to be used again!

I'm hosting a My Kitchen Rules dinner party this weekend so its a good excuse to get them out

For the entree I'm tempted to make this Mexican Layered Dip (first pic) and serve it in a shot glass like this (second pic)



For the dessert I'm thinking about layers of gourmet icecream, crumbled biscuits and a rich sauce mmmmm



I'll let you know what I end up making and fingers crossed My Kitchen will Rule :)

[Image 1 Taste and Images 2, 3 and 4 Pinterest]
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Those salads look amazing!!! Love layering things in cups - so simple but they always look great.
    Amy

    www.fivekindsofhappy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, these are so cool. Yay, following your blog to watch your renovations & cooking delights, have a great party!! Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  3. A My Kitchen Rules party sounds fascinating! I don't watch the show so I don't even know how that would work (but I will find out!).

    Food in jars is a personal favourite for me to, but I confess I've never made any for anyone but the kids. They love having their dessert served up in a glass - layer of peaches, layer of custard, layer of peaches, bit more custard and a sprinkle of crushed biscuit. Delish! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!