I saw this recipe on the back of a Campbells beef stock pack and it actually made me buy the product just for the recipe (tell me I'm not the only one who has done that!)
For once my meatballs didn't all fall apart so I'll be making this one again for sure, perfect for those Autumn nights ahead and best enjoyed with a glass of rose
Meatballs and Tomato Risoni
Prep 20 minutes / Cook time 25 minutes / Serves 4
1 ltr pack beef stock
500g beef mince
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup dried breadcrumbs
1 tbs oil
4 tbsp tomato paste
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
2 ripe tomatoes, diced
extra parsley to garnish
shaved parmesan to serve
1. Combine 1/2 cup stock with mince, garlic, egg, breadcrumbs and parsley. Roll into little balls. Put into fridge to set for 30 minutes.
2. Heat oil in large frying pan. Add meatballs and cook until browned all over.
3. Pour over remaining stock, tomato paste and rosemary. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and cook, covered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in risoni and tomatoes. Cook for 8 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally or until pasta is al dente. Check seasoning, add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve in hearty bowls topped with lots of parmesan cheese and enjoy
[All images my own]Pin It Now!