Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, March 30, 2012

Book Review: One Day By David Nicholls

My March Book Club read was One Day by David Nicholls


I really enjoyed this book about 2 friends who I was dying to see get together but as the story is told I wondered if they ever will. Each chapter is written on the same day but 1 year ahead so you see them grow from College through relationships and into the real world. It's pretty funny, with the right mix of sex drugs and rock and roll for it to pass as a modern day love story.

It has also been made into a movie which my Book Club girls and I are getting together to watch in a few weeks time - this is the 3rd time we've watched the movie and read the book (Bridget Jones and Water For Elephants) I'll take any excuse to drink bubbly and eat popcorn with my well read friends!

I'd recommend this book to people who think they are 'just friends' with someone of the opposite sex when you're both secretly dying to jump each other! I really enjoyed this book and give it 5 stars - passing up a date with Johnny Depp - doesn't happen often!

Jarrah Jungle's Star Rating:
1 Bad - I'd rather eat brussel sprouts topped with anchovies than read this again
2 Not Good - I'd rather watch re-runs of Neighbours than read this again
3 Ok - I'm sitting on the fence - its not great but not terrible either
4 Good - I'd pass up a pack of tim tams for this read
5 Great - I'd pass up a date with Johnny Depp for this read


[Image from Dymocks]
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. I read this one too and enjoyed it, I think I'll have to re-read before I see the movie. Sounds like a gorgeous book club you have going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked this book - maybe not quite as much as some people. Thanks for the link up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!