I've been getting my creative dose on Polyvore again and have designed a mood board for the Laundry Room renovation.
In this design I've kept the colours fairly neutral with white cabinetry, wooden bench and greens from the art and plants which will hopefully make the space appear fresh and bright.
Here is a summary of my design:
1. White overhead cupboard - Attached to the wall above the bench for storage of all the usual laundry cleaning products, bottles, sprays, etc.
2. A small corner shelving unit - For the side of the overhead cupboard to display the frequently used items (see 3 and 4). As this will be close to the window open shelves will be less evasive and not block the window like a full cupboard will.
3. A terrarium or house plant - Sitting right in front of the window will be the perfect place for a house plant and hopefully with all the sunlight it won't succumb to my black thumb ways!
4. Glass storage jars - I'd like some some glass jars to fill with laundry detergent, Lexi's doggy treats, that kind of thing. They'll look nice displayed on the corner shelving unit.
5. Laundry Pin Up Art - Following my love for pin up art if I can find a cheeky laundry style art for this room that would be perfect. Or a metal vintage sign would look good too.
6. Tiles - I had in mind using grey tiles for the floor and white tiles for the kick tile. For the splash back we were going to use our leftover white tiles from the bathroom renovation, but I really like the look of feature mosaic tiles like these green/blue tiles.
7. Laundry work top - I want the work top to be one long piece from wall to door frame with a sink cut out. I'm thinking a dark wood look might play in nicely with our jarrah floorboards. Oh what a treat to have a bench in this room I won't have to sort clothes all over the floor!
8. Laundry mixer tap - A large modern mixer tap that can maneuver around and fill up buckets and so forth.
9. Laundry sink - A round silver sink built into the bench so it's seamless and neat. Gone are the days of the massive laundry trough, I don't think there's a need for a huge trough.
You can see my mood board on Polyvore here with links of where you can buy the items.
What do you think of my Laundry Room design?
[Image via Polyvore designed by Jarrah Jungle]