Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, July 18, 2014

Recipe: Slow Cooked Old Fashioned Curried Sausages

I always have sausages of some kind in the freezer, I buy quality sausages from the butcher, there's lots of different flavours to choose from and you can make a fairly cheap meal from them. For this slow cooked dish I used little pork chipalatas that turned out great in this old fashioned curried sausages recipe.

I've made this both in the Slow Cooker and on the stove top but find the Slow Cooker much better as it makes the food more tender and you simply turn the slow cooker on and then forget about it until dinner time!


Slow Cooked Old Fashioned Curried Sausages
Australian Women's Weekly: Slow Cooking Recipe Book


Ingredients:

500g of quality thick sausages - I used pork chipalatas so I didn't need to slice them
480g tin chopped tomatoes
2 cups beef stock
1 brown onion, sliced
5 potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
1/2 cup frozen peas
2 tbs curry powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp paprika
Fresh parsley, chopped

Method:

1. Brown sausages in pan, add sliced onion, curry powder, cumin, coriander and paprika and stir until fragrant.

2. Add mix to slow cooker and stir in tomatoes, stock and potatoes.

3. Turn slow cooker to low and cook with the lid on for 8 hours.

4. Just before ready to serve, stir in the peas, fresh parsley and season with salt and cracked pepper. Cook for a few minutes on low with the lid off.

5. Meanwhile cook rice to serve (I added a teaspoon of tumeric to my rice as it's cooking for colour).

6. Serve in a bowl with rice, sausages and garnish with fresh parsley.

This dish is comfort food made easy! Enjoy!!
  
If you like sausages you might also like my Slow Cooker Sausage Stroganoff recipe



 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png

For exclusive extras and daily updates ... follow Jarrah Jungle on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter


[Image my own]

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I love the idea of buying fresh sausages from the butcher...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes much better quality and taste from the butcher compared to the supermarket!

      Delete
  2. Yum! I make one similar ~ so good for winter! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone has their own version of curried sausages :) Perfect for winter

      Delete
  3. AnonymousJune 25, 2016

    Thanks for this recipe! So inexpensive and satisfying. Used it twice in a month since I found this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so great to hear, it's on regular rotation at my place too!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!