Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, January 11, 2016

Book Review: The Grass Is Greener By Loretta Hill

In 2015 I read 35 books and this year I plan to beat that total by reading 40 books! 

This is my first book review for 2016 - I regularly review books here on the blog every Monday and I'm always looking for new books to read so if you have any suggestions on books you loved that I should add to my reading list please let me know in the comment section.

This is a book review of The Grass Is Greener By Loretta Hill that was recently published by Random House Australia on 4 January 2016.

Loretta Hill is one of my favourite West Australian authors and this is the third rural romance I have read by her. Before Loretta pursued being a writer full time, she graduated from the University of Western Australia and began work as a structural engineer.


This is the story of best friends - Bronwyn and Claudia who think the grass is greener in each other's lives and want to swap places.

Bronwyn is from a high profile legal family and is a lawyer in a Perth city law firm while Claudia who's also a lawyer has spent the last few years helping her family run a vineyard down south in Yallingup, Western Australia.

The girls swap places and Claudia moves into Bronwyn's city apartment and starts work in her dream job and kicks off an office romance. Meanwhile Bronwyn moves in with Claudia's family on the vineyard and her feelings for the brothers she had a crush on many years ago rekindle.

Each chapter alternates between the two girls and both their stories are entertaining and engaging. Although as it is a book about the best friends I thought there would be more communication between the girls than their was and I think the story would have had more substance if the girls had been closer and communicated more as best friends would.

I really liked reading about my home town of Perth, the bars, restaurants, and places they visited. There was also mention of the characters in The Maxwell Sisters and is another novel written by Loretta Hill which is well worth a read.

Overall, this is a perfect Summer holiday novel, it's light hearted and an easy to read romance.

I recommend this book to readers who enjoy chick literature and rural Australian romance.

I give this book 4 stars out of  5

Jarrah Jungle's Star Rating:
1 Bad - I'd rather eat brussel sprouts topped with anchovies than read this again
2 Not Good - I'd rather watch paint dry than read this again
3 Ok - I'm sitting on the fence - its not great but not terrible either
4 Good - I'd give up a bottle of the worlds best champagne for this read
5 Great - I'd pass up a date with Johnny Depp for this read


The Grass Is Greener can be purchased from the author here and Random House Australia


Sharing my book review on Good Reads here and Netgalley


Disclosure:  NetGalley partner with bloggers such as me to help promote authors and their books and I was given this ebook published by Random House Australia to review. As always, all opinions are my own.


 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png

For exclusive extras and daily updates ... follow Jarrah Jungle on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter



[Image via Random House Australia]



Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a light hearted read. Who hasn't thought about living someone else's life at least once?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes this is true. But I always follow the saying the grass is not greener on the other side - the grass is greener where you water it! x

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!