I have made this fish dish poached in coconut milk and spices a few times now and it is the perfect way to cook fish. Poaching is a quicker method than a traditional curry but you still get a delicious flavour without the fish drying out.
This is a perfect mid week dinner it's quick to make, with just a few ingredients and is super tasty - the coconut sauce will have everyone begging for seconds guaranteed!
Fish Poached In Coconut Sauce
Original recipe source: Taste (this is my tried and tested and amended version of the recipe)
1 tin coconut cream
Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 tbs fish sauce
1 tbs brown sugar
2 tsp sambal oelek (chilli paste)
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 brown onion, finely chopped
4 x fillets of firm fish, cut into small chunks
Vegetables (I add mixed vegetables green beans, peas, cauliflower and broccoli)
1. In a large pan heat oil and fry garlic and onion for a few minutes. Next add sambal oelek and cook for a few minutes.
2. Add to pan a tin of coconut cream, finely grated lemon zest and juice, fish sauce and brown sugar and turn up heat to bring to the boil, stirring often.
3. Reduce heat to low and put the lid on and cook for about 20 minutes so flavours come together.
4. Add fish and simmer gently, put the lid on and cook for about 10 minutes until fish is cooked through.
5. Meanwhile, cook steamed rice and vegetables (I add my vegetables to my rice cooker half way through and they cook perfectly).
When ready to serve spoon the rice into a bowl, top with vegetables, the fish and sauce and don't be shy about ladling on some extra spoonfuls of the delicious sauce, top with spring onions and fresh coriander. Enjoy!
What's your favourite way to cook fish?
Sharing with link parties:
Curly Crafty Mom - The Creative Corner
The Dedicated House - Make It Pretty Monday
Savvy Southern Style - Wow Us Wednesdays
[Image my own]
Pin It Now!