Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Christmas Is Coming!

On my mini break I got stuck in and cleared out my craft room/study which had become a bit of a dumping ground when the kitchen/dining room was being renovated and now that project is finished the room really needed a good clean up.
 
I organised my wrapping station sorting out all my ribbons and papers so I can wrap presents all pretty without getting into a fight with the scissors and tangled string. I then got inspired to start writing my Christmas list ...
 
 
Yes I'm one of those annoyingly organised people who has already started Christmas shopping. I don't go out on a specific Christmas shopping mission, that always stresses me out and I end up spending more and not really getting what I want.
 
When I'm out and about I've always got my eye out for things that would make nice presents for my friends and family. If you are out shopping and you see something that you think would make a great gift for a friend then you must buy it there and then because you know you'll either not remember what it was you were going to get them or you won't be able to find it again. Trust me, I do it even now but I'm being ruthless from now on when I see something that screams their name - I'll buy it for them and put it away until their Birthday or Christmas.
 
 
I keep all the gifts in the spare wardrobe in the guest bedroom and if I've forgotten a Birthday or need an impromptu gift I know I've always got a pretty good stash to shop from at home.
 
This year I want to have the majority of my shopping done by 1 December. I can't promise they'll be wrapped all pretty ready to go under the tree by then, but I definitely want to be organised and all shopped out so that I can focus on hosting Christmas Day lunch .... YES Mr P and I are hosting our very first Christmas Day Lunch and I'm so freaking excited I've been pinning decorating ideas for months!
 
 
Have you started your Christmas shopping?
 
[Images via Pinterest 1, 2, 3]
 
Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. Oh god I'm the same. I don't have a wrapping station but everthing is sorted in a set of drawers and storage boxes filled with decorations. I plan to start my online shopping this weekend. Lisa xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might actually do some online shopping as well this year, there are so many gorgeous things you can buy online (like from Etsy) that you just cant find in stores. Trouble is Ill probably buy them and then want to keep them for myself :)

      Delete
  2. I have not started christmas shopping. I like to think that I'll be so on top of it when I have kids, but reality is... I always have great intentions to get it done early, but I'm usually scrambling at the last minute. Maybe this year will be different! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont have kids I think I must just love present shopping! Yes Im always scrambling as well, and then your under pressure and can never find what you want its so frustrating. I hope you have a stress free shop this year :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you are really organized! I have about 75% of my Christmas shopping finished, and I finally have a designated gift closet, but no wrapping station, need to find a spot for that. Thanks for stopping by, hope we talk soon. Your house is beautiful.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the idea of buying gifts early and then having time to wrap them so creatively. I do try to shop for stocking stuffers throughout the year and some gifts. I need to be better about that though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've started putting aside bits and pieces as I've seen them too... my aim is to have all my presents bought before December the 1st! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats my deadline too ... I even bought wrap and ribbon today :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!