Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, August 18, 2014

Book Review: Home Smoking Basics: For Meat, Fish and Poultry By Maria Sartor

This is a book review of Home Smoking Basics: For Meat, Fish and Poultry by Maria Sartor recently published on 28 June 2014.


We have just purchased a Bradley Smoker Digital 6 Rack Smoker Oven from a Perth local supplier The Smoke Shack. What we desperately needed was a cook book and guide to help us get the most out of our smoker.
 
The Home Smoking Basics has become my smoking bible over the last few weeks, it has step by step instructions on how to use different types of smokers - everything from an open fire to an electric smoker like mine. The different types of wood (flavour), basic tips and tricks, and is an all round great book for beginner smokers because it explains how the process works from beginning to end.
 
The book is split into chapters for each type of food - meat, fish and poultry. With a heap of different cooking techniques for each, everything from a cold or hot smoke, marinade, brines and rubs. There are basic recipes for cold and hot smoking and then there's more recipes at the back of the book using the food you've smoked.
 
I have been working my way through the recipes and will share these in a follow up blog post soon.
 
I recommend this book to the beginner smoker to use to get you started on your home smoking journey.

I give this book 4 stars out of 5

Jarrah Jungle's Star Rating:
1 Bad - I'd rather eat brussel sprouts topped with anchovies than read this again
2 Not Good - I'd rather watch re-runs of Neighbours than read this again
3 Ok - I'm sitting on the fence - its not great but not terrible either
4 Good - I'd pass up a pack of tim tams for this read
5 Great - I'd pass up a date with Johnny Depp for this read


Home Smoking Basics can be purchased from Schiffer Publishing

Sharing my book review on Good Reads here

Disclosure: Schiffer Publishing and NetGalley partner with bloggers such as me to help promote their books. Thanks to Schiffer Publishing for sending me a hardcopy of this book to review. As always, all opinions are my own.


 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png

For exclusive extras and daily updates ... follow Jarrah Jungle on Facebook and Instagram


[Image via Schiffer Publishing]


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!