Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

It's A Jungle Out There ....

Our backyard has been looking like an overgrown jungle of weeds lately. Why is it we can't get the grass to grow but the weeds are out in force!

So we spent a gorgeous sunny Sunday afternoon tackling the weeds and reclaimed our backyard again.


Amongst all the weeds in the herb garden I recovered my hardy parsley growing strong, year after year without much love at all the parsley grows here. I use fresh parsley all the time in the kitchen so it's been such a great herb to grow at home. My other favourite is coriander but that hasn't grown back this year so I need to plant some seeds.

 

Not growing so well is my lemon tree that I've had for more than 3 years now and it still hasn't produced ANY LEMONS. My Bacardi and lemonade just doesn't taste the same without it .... C'mon lemon tree please grow some fruit!


We have a double sized block which is so nice to have a big patch of grass and somewhere for Lexi to play, but the downside is there are twice as many weeds to wiper snip and mow!
 


Lexi is happy with the newly mowed grass and we uncovered a bunch of her toys that were hidden amongst all the weeds and now we can play without falling down hidden holes and spraining an ankle (yes I've come close many times!).
 
Lexi still won't chase a ball but she absolutely loves to play chasey!
 
 

There's still a lot of work to be done out here to establish the gardens. The herb and vegetable gardens need to be replanted and fenced off so Lexi can't dig them out (again!).

We'll be doing some gardening next month in Spring, a perfect time for planting.

How is your garden growing?

Sharing with link parties:
Home Coming - The DIYers
The Dedicated House - Make It Pretty Monday


 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png

For exclusive extras and daily updates ... follow Jarrah Jungle on Facebook and Instagram


[All images my own]


Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Lexi is such a cutie :) I wish we could have a dog! I am sure you'll think of something to use that parsley with... and, I want a lemon tree... but, one that grows lemons of course! I think my old boss had a lemon tree and she got lemons on it... it wasn't very big either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a cutie but a terror as well ;)
      If I knew Id be waiting so many years I wouldve spent more and got a more established tree!

      Delete
  2. Wow, you have a large garden, they are a rare find in Melbourne these days, unless you move miles and miles out of the city. And your dog is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!