Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, September 5, 2016

Book Club Book Review: The Night Circus By Erin Morgenstern

This is my book review of the August book club pick The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

This book was also voted at #23 by Dymocks Booklovers in the Top 101 for 2015.


This is a magical story set back in the late 1800's and early 1900's about a travelling circus called Le Cirque des Reves.

The story is based around two young illusionists Celia and Marco who are contestants and need to compete to prove who is the best magician.

There are a lot of characters in the book who take turns to narrate and the story flicks back and forward through time telling the story through different characters perspectives and whilst it was a little confusing it was needed to bring the story together and so the reader understands how the circus existed.

The circus tents, performers, shows and food stalls are all described beautifully and so well that I really felt like I was at the circus amidst all the excitement and magic.

This is in no way a romance story but my favourite part was the love connection and the intensity that was built up particularly in the beginning of the story.

I felt the story was too drawn out and long and it became a little tedious in the end which is why I have scored it in the middle.

I recommend this book to all ages who are in love with the magic and excitement of the circus.


I give this book 3 stars out of  5

Jarrah Jungle's Star Rating:
1 Bad - I'd rather eat brussel sprouts topped with anchovies than read this again
2 Not Good - I'd rather watch paint dry than read this again
3 Ok - I'm sitting on the fence - its not great but not terrible either
4 Good - I'd give up a bottle of the worlds best champagne for this read
5 Great - I'd pass up a date with Johnny Depp for this read

 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png

For exclusive extras and daily updates ... follow Jarrah Jungle on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter


[Image via the Author]

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. I'm always on the look-out for books to read. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is something really different, I hope you like it!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!