Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Pantry Cleanup: If You Cant Be With The One You Love

If you can't be with the one you love ... Love the one you're with! 
The pantry I mean!!

Now that I know the kitchen won't be renovated until the end of the year I thought I might as well give it some love and make it a bit more user friendly instead of using the excuse of waiting for the renovation.

Also there was an incident with a tin of fruit from like 1999 that exploded all down the shelves and needed cleaning up so that was an incentive to clear everything out, clean it and put it all back in a much more organised way.

So here is our pantry BEFORE 

Every day items like oil were hard to get to and once a year items like chickpea flour at the front ... times they are a changing!


I removed everything from the cupboard and threw out anything that had expired.

I sorted it into groups of what was used the most and what was used the least.


Gave the shelves a good wipe down and then post-it noted each shelf so I knew which items to put on each shelf without them being jammed in.

The items used the least went up the top and the items used the most from that shelf downwards ...


From the bottom up went in the cereals, nuts and drinking chocolate etc. 

The little table and tray underneath holds the glad wrap and paper towel.


Then the spices, oils and sauces


Then the tins, noodles and pasta


I had a bread bin and placemats on this shelf but managed to fit them into another cupboard so this made way for the flour, sugar and breadcrumbs.

I made labels from post it notes, it's only temporary so I can peel them off and change them if I change the contents of the jars.


And AFTER this is what it looks like

Right along the top are my Mum's retro tins which hold baking items like food colouring and cake papers.


I'm learning to love what I have and make the most of it.

Its still not perfect but its a lot more user friendly and for 1.5 hrs and a few glasses of wine it was a pretty good organising job and best of all it didn't cost a cent!

How do you  keep your pantry organised?


 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png

For exclusive extras and daily updates ... follow Jarrah Jungle on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter


[All images my own]

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. great feeling isn't it? i emptied my laundry room (closet) yesterday. cleaned, painted, sorted and rearranged...i never thought about adding wine though!!! i love an organized pantry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! It seems pantries are something of a beast, and when we tame it; we feel we can conquer the world. I always stand and look at mine when I've done a clean like this. Well done, it looks fantastic in it's organised zen-like fashion.
    I'm feeling a little melancholy already about leaving our walk-in pantry when we go to Darwin to live. I think I'm in love with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to do the same to mine!! Beautifull job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!