Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Courtyard Plants And Pots

If you are a Jarrah Jungle facebook fan you will have seen the developments on our front Courtyard in the last few weeks - once the council approved the fence plans we had a bobcat driver in to dig out the sand ready for the footings. The concrete guys came last week to pour the concrete footings for the wall. Which means we are now ready for a bricklayer to come and build the wall. Step by step our Courtyard will come together.

I've been busy sketching and drawing how I want the courtyard and front garden to look and researching the types of plants that will be drought tolerant, love full sun and survive on little water. I really like the look of feature plants in large pots and have my eye on some ornamental grasses, birds of paradise, agaves, yukkas and of course my much loved succulents.



 

  
 
Can you recommend any plants that grow well in pots?
 
 
[Images via my Pinterest 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6]
 
Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. Succulents are FABULOUS! Bamboo does well, too :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadnt thought of bamboo that could be good for screening and privacy on the neighbors side, thanks!

      Delete
  2. Rosemary grows well in pots and also looks great as a hedge as it has that beautiful green colour. It's virtually impossible to kill. Like you, I'm a brown thumb, but I've incorporated it into the gardens of my last three homes and it has flourished in full sun and coastal conditions. And the best bit - you can use it in your cooking!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I havent had much success with my rosemary, I think because I tried to grow it from a cutting. I will definately keep it in mind as a hedge I have seen them and they look and smell (and taste!) pretty good. Thanks :)

      Delete
  3. I am so in love with succulents right now, too! I have them in my fairy garden (inside my bird bath). I need to work on some landscaping in my backyard, it is fall here though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the best arent they. Yes change of seasons, my yard has had some serious neglect through winter so looking forward to giving it some TLC.

      Delete
  4. I love succulents. They look great and grow rather easily too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!