Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

4 Years In The Jarrah Jungle Home

Four years ago Mr P and I moved into our first home together now affectionately known as Jarrah Jungle. We knew the house had good bones and a great layout but would need everything renovated inside and outside to turn this house into the home we want to live in and enjoy.


Our house has certainly seen a whirlwind of changes these past 4 years ...
 

 
Phew we have done so much work to the house in these last 4 years working on weekends one project at a time, finishing it and having a break while we catch our breathe, get some rest and save some money for the next project. We have well and truly put our own stamp on the house and made it work for us with the things that we love and how we want to live. Sure, not everyone is going to love my shoe cupboard (although I'm yet to meet a female who hasn't ohhhhed and ahhhhhed over it!) but it definitely works for us.
 
 
In the next 6 months we want to finish renovating the house inside and within 12 months finish outside both front and back. Hopefully we'll then be at the stage where we can get the land subdivided which was the plan from the start .... then we'll have some big decisions to make on whether to (1) keep the subdivided land and build a house on it or (2) sell the land to someone else and move onto our next home or (3) keep Jarrah Jungle as a rental or sell it and move on. This was a 5 year plan for us and we are running pretty much on schedule which is a great feeling.
 
 
The project list still to do thankfully is a lot shorter than what has been done which gives me some hope that we will manage to finish this list in the next 12 months ...
 
  • Build the front courtyard with brick fence, landscaping, etc (in progress)
  • Lay a new driveway and path to the front door
  • Replace the fences outside
  • Replace all the internal and external doors and handles throughout the house
  • Gut and renovate the laundry
  • Gut and renovate the toilet, turning the toilet into a powder room with a basin
  • Build a deck out the back leading off from the French Doors
  • Pull down the old patio and granny flat
  • Landscape the backyard



Happy 4 year anniversary Jarrah Jungle, I'm excited to see what you look like this time next year!


[All images my own]
 
 
Pin It Now!

11 comments:

  1. I have loved loved loved following your renos and absolutely LOVE jarrah jungle. I'd live there in a heartbeat! You know, if it was on the Gold Coast! Do you really think you could walk away from it after putting so much time, effort, money, YOU into it? I would have a very hard time I think! I've no doubt you'll be done in 12 months. It all looks fantastic! x Aroha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your support its nice to know someone likes to look at my ugly befores and pretty afters ;) Your right it will be tough to part with the house but that was always the plan so while Iv had fun renovating this home, I know that my next venture will be a new beginning with fresh ideas and plans I can put into action :)

      Delete
  2. Somehow, this is the first time I've seen all of your renovations--WOW!!! Your house is gorgeous! You two have done such incredible work!! I can't wait to see it all completed! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, it sure has kept me and my weekends busy!

      Delete
  3. Happy Anniversary :)
    I have loved seeing Jarrah Jungle grow & grow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on all of the hard work you have done. It's looking great! Lisa xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! It all looks fab!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You superstars! You two have accomplished so much in the last 4 years! Hopefully the right option will fall into your laps x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant job, you have a beautiful home, renovating may now be in your bones and after a break you'll probably be getting itchy feet to go again. xxx Rae

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love a shoe cupboard - or the husband that was handy at all. I line up jobs for weekends when my Dad visits. Love watching what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You've done so much in the past four years. It all looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!