Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Holy Smokes It's May Already ! ?

First of all let me apologise for my lack of blog posts lately but my typing fingers were out of action after a dual with my fancy new Japanese peeler which has blades as sharp as a Japanese samurai sword and took the top of my little finger off.

It was as painful as it sounds and after almost two weeks of not being able to cook (yay!) or wash up (double yay!) I'm back on the keyboard now but still a little slow and sore.




I can't believe we are in May already and before I know it we'll be half way through the year!

The year started so relaxed and chilled and now my calendar is filling up with weddings, parties, anything, every other weekend!

Speaking of weddings .... there's just 4 months until Mr P and I get hitched. So far I have organised the venue, ceremony, transport, accommodation and the honeymoon.

Next is to find my wedding dress then I'll know what the colour scheme for the bridesmaids, decor, invitations etc will be and everything will flow from that. I'm enjoying the process and not getting stressed out - remembering my word for 2015 LOVE whenever I can is a big help.

It's so easy to get caught up on everything weddings - the expectations and pressures are bigger than I ever imagined. But what it's made me realise is that the wedding is the celebration part, it's the marriage that's important to us and that will be there long after the big wedding day.



On the home front the renovations and projects on the house are progressing, the subdivision process has started and we are talking about when to sell our back block once subdivided.

We may put the block on the market when we get back from our honeymoon if the timing is right, otherwise we will wait until the new year.

Once we sell our block and before whomever buys it starts to build on it, we want to move on from our beloved Jarrah Jungle and start looking for our next house to live in.

Buying a house is one of the biggest decisions you'll ever make in your life and I don't want to be rushed into it and want to give myself at least 6 months of house hunting to find our next house. I just can't see us having the time to spend our weekend at home opens until after the honeymoon or early next year.

Plus a big part of me doesn't want to leave our Jarrah Jungle home I get all nostalgic thinking about the memories we've made here in Mr P and I's first home together.


This is going to be one of the biggest year of my life with all these big projects on the go so if I'm not as frequent on the blog you will have to forgive me.

I am finding many bloggers are posting less and less, there are only a few dedicated bloggers that still post every day.

I think with social media it's so easy to share snippets and photos on Instagram and Facebook whereas it takes a lot longer to invest the time and effort into writing, editing, and posting a complete blog post.

I still love how my blog documents my home renovation journey and it's worth it to me to invest the time into that. Well when I have the time that is!

So on that note, thank you my awesome readers (yes you!) for popping in, feel free to say hi and leave a comment, it means a lot to know you've stopped by.

Tell me what's been happening for you? Any big projects planned?


 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png

For exclusive extras and daily updates ... follow Jarrah Jungle on Facebook and Instagram


[Images via my Pinterest 1, 2, 3]


Pin It Now!

12 comments:

  1. Wow Selling JJ hey!!! That's big after all your efforts. Glad to hear the finger is improving.

    How gorgeous are all the flowers.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know massive decision after all our hard work. But that's part of the renovating journey I guess, making it nice for the next person to enjoy while we get stuck into another renovators delight :)

      Delete
  2. Glad everything is going well with the wedding planning! Sorry to hear about your finger 👻. Great post xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so looking forward to the wedding and being a Mrs!!! Thanks Sarah xx

      Delete
  3. Good luck with everything, Michelle. Cheers from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers!!! Love your blog and the home renno stuff.
    Good luck with all your projects!
    I have too many as usual ....
    Oh ... and ... Mwah!
    x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Leanne, you have been there for me from the very beginning and Im so glad youre still here now! It was you I was thinking of with the daily blog posts, I don't know how you've done it all these years, so dedicated!
      Mwah lol xx

      Delete
  5. Oh no! Your poor finger!! I don't know what I'd do if that happened to me... I hope you find that perfect dress soon and I shouldn't tell you this... but, the first house we stepped into was my dream home... so, it didn't take us 6 months of searching, but I think when Brian and I start to look for a new house (we are planning to move eventually, no date set yet), I want to be a little more picky. I think I know exactly what I want the second time around, but I do love the house we are in now... how can I complain, we have horses in our backyard?! Anyway, I wish you the best and I'll look forward to your posts when you do have time to blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were so picky with this house it took us 6 months to find so I can only imagine what will happen with the next one! But in the end it came down to a feeling .... this one just felt like home as soon as we walked in we knew it was the one :) Thanks so much Carrie you're the best xx

      Delete
  6. You have got so much going on! And selling Jarrah Jungle just when you get it how you like it. Wow, I don't think I could do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes its been a crazy few months and more ahead! Yes that was always the 5 year plan, but we've had fun along the way and while we'll be sad to say goodbye to our JJ its exciting to think about the next project ahead :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!