Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A Kitchen Update ... Why Are We Waiting?!

Firstly, let me say I'm sorry for my lack of posting lately I know I've been a bit quiet on the blog over the last few weeks. It's because I've been struck down with the flu and with the winter blues here and the chilly temperatures it's taken me a while to feel better and think clearly enough to write. Thankfully I'm feeling heaps better now, my head is clearing and the motivation is creeping back ... so hows about an update on the kitchen then hey!

The kitchen renovation started 11 weeks ago and we are officially cooking and prepping in the new kitchen which is so much better than the cold concrete garage. But to be honest I'm still not motivated to cook elaborate meals in the new kitchen because I haven't actually unpacked anything yet so I'm running back into the laundry for kitchenware and the garage for the microwave, pantry and fridge items.

The new oven - still so new I haven't removed the protective film!

I'm absolutely dying to unpack everything. Some of my kitchenware has been packed up since we first moved into the house almost 4 years ago. You now believe me when I say I'm dying to unpack don't you?! It's going to be like Christmas unpacking all those things that I've forgotten about or haven't used for so many years. Of course there will also be things I wonder why I still have and they'll be passed onto friends or given away.

This is only half of my kitchenware packed up in storage in the Granny Flat
 
I haven't unpacked because I've been impatiently waiting for the kitchen company to come back to fix a drawer they drilled wrong and install handles because they didn't order enough and fix a panel that was cut trying to get the bench top in. They came last weekend and the drawer and panel were the wrong colour - the handles went in so I guess 1 out of 3 ain't bad hey! So there's now another week or so wait for them to be remade which means I still can't unpack and move everything in because they'll make dust and a mess all over my clean dishes and drawers.

The corner panel - made in the wrong shade of white
 
The drawer panel that needs to be replaced

Because they drilled a hole for the handle in the wrong spot!

The drawer panel was made in beige instead of polar white -
so now I'm waiting for another to be made !

Can I just say when it comes to hold ups and things not always going to plan, theres no point in getting angry and frustrated with tradies and throwing a tantrum (ok so I do vent to Mr P of course but not to them!) we are all human and allowed to make mistakes and so long as they work around us which they have been doing by coming on weekends and doing extra favours when asked like removing the cabinet sides, then we just have to wait and know that things will get done in the end.

Meanwhile, Mr P is going to get started on the plastering and prep work on the walls. Once the walls are ready we can get the paint brushes out and start painting the walls, door and window frames.

The only other thing to do is install the range hood we bought and pick out a splash back which shock horror we have finally made a decision on so I'll share that with you soon.
 
For updates on the kitchen as I go Like Jarrah Jungle on Facebook and you'll never miss a thing!
 
[All images my own]
 
Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. Sorry you've not been well. Hopefully the finishing of the kitchen will give you a real positive kick along. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel 100% soon, your kitchen is looking great. It's laughable that they got the colour wrong, think they would have checked before leaving the factory. After our build, the trades needed a fair kick up the khyber pass and learn to take some responsibility. xxx Rae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rae Im feeling heaps better now think Iv finally gotten over the flu! Funny thing is the back was stamped ultra white but when it was unwrapped at my house clearly it wasnt white at all! A stuff up somewhere along the line ... it can get frustrating thats for sure.

      Delete
  3. I'm on the verge of a reno of my kitchen too so I feel for you Michelle! Hope it all works out well in the end, can't wait to see it all done! I too am running around the house trying to fix a meal - pantry in the living room, basement microwave, outdoor cooktop and dining room for kitchen wares! hahaha! I don't know how long we could hold up, my hubby is going gaga and we've only been like this for 5 days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I know the feeling I just hope you dont go for 11 weeks like me, the sooner the better for your marriage :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!