Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, July 12, 2013

MKR Round 2 - French Sensation

It has been a few months since our first round of My Kitchen Rules dinner parties, the first couple hosted an Italian Fantastico which you can read all about here. Last weekend the next couple hosted round two which was a French Sensation .... which means that the pressure is on for Mr P and I because we are the final couple to compete with our friends to see whose Kitchen Rules!

The food we were served at the French Sensation was absolutely beautiful I can guarantee there were high scores on the night from all of us. Can I just say I haven't stopped talking about the baked brie cheese board it was the most beautiful and tasty cheese board I've ever had - baked brie stuffed with garlic and rosemary served with croutons and a scatter of cranberries. The flavours were so amazing I can't wait to recreate this one at home at our next dinner party.

So here is a round up of the night .... the scene was set with a mix of French music from classic and modern artists playing in the background and the menu was on the TV screen teasing us right until the last course.

Menu - Not that I can read French!
To start with we had French champagne cocktails and a few different horderves ... french onion soup, croutons with caramelised onion and goats cheese and rocket wrapped in prosciutto.

Sadly, I didn't get any photos of these delicious morsels before they were devoured.

Tablescape was like a French bistro

Main - Beef Bourguignon with scallop potatoes

Baked Brie cheese board served after the main course

Dessert - Very rich and chocolatey double layered mousse

There were lots of different French wines enjoyed with each course - bubbles, white wine, red wine, dessert wine, oh so many bottles of wine! We ate for about 5 hours with food, drinks and the best company it was a really fantastic night.

Now Mr P and I need to come up with a theme for our MKR for round three ... we are thinking of either having an Australian theme because none of our friendly competition are from Australia (they are Dutch, Spanish, Irish and Kiwi) or an Indian/Bollywood theme because we love to cook Indian and I could really go to town on the decor.

What do you think is a good cuisine - Australian? Indian? Or other?

 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png

For exclusive extras and daily updates ... follow Jarrah Jungle on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter


[All images my own]

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like SO much fun!
    What are some traditional Australian dishes? It could be really fun to show some national pride through cooking :]
    I would say Indian theme only because going to town on decorations is SUCH fun, and the hubs and I find it hard to resist a good curry, but I now anything would be fabulous.
    Have fun! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kangaroo burgers would be very Aussie or maybe even crocodile and emu etc but these are not the normal dishes we eat so will be a bit hard to source and I need to cater for a vegetarian as well so thats where it gets a bit tricky. Yes I love love love Indian and of course the decorating is important too :) Thanks for stopping by good to hear from you x

      Delete
  3. That cheeseboard looks delicious!

    I vote Indian! Mmmmmmmm, want some now just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!