Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Organising The Pantry With Avery Labels


I recently organised my herbs and spices using some Avery labels and have been wanting to try out their other home organising products and labels around the house.

Next on the to do list was to organise the pantry and for this I used Avery's arched organisation labels and printed them using the design and print online section of the website.


Here's a sneak peak of how they turned out oh la la  ...... I know pretty fancy aren't they!


To start with I pulled all the jars and containers out of the pantry and wrote a list of all the names I needed for the labels.

I did a shelf at a time and gave all the shelves a good wipe clean and threw out anything past the used by date, thankfully there wasn't anything too scary in there as we have only been in the renovated kitchen for 2.5 years.


I made a note of the jars I needed to replace like the large glass jars, although I love them because they're recycled coffee jars, unfortunately they are just too big for the new pantry.

After months of stalking the supermarket shelves until the plastic containers were on special, I finally got them at half price and stocked up on a few different sizes, peeled the labels off, washed and dried them, and they were ready to use.


Once I had my list of names for the labels I typed them into an excel spreadsheet and then went to the design and print online section of the Avery website.

I entered in the product code for the arched labels and all the templates came up, I picked the design I liked and then uploaded the spreadsheet file which did a mail merge of all the labels. It took mere seconds which saved heaps of time compared to having to individually type them all in!


Once the labels are ready to print, it will convert to a PDF to print out which is another chance to check everything is spelt properly and fits on the labels. I did a test run by printing on some blank paper before putting the labels in the colour printer for the final print out.

It only took about 20 minutes to design and print off these 30 labels which was pretty impressive.


Next I removed all the old mix matched labels from my jars and containers and replaced them with the new personalised labels.

I love how the labels look and it's so much easier to see what's there.


I'm feeling very much the domestic goddess now when I look into the pantry!

I even got ohhhs and ahhhs from my parents when I opened the pantry the other day, I bet they wish I was blogging when I lived at home so I could test out these cool products in their pantry!


I thought it would be quite fiddly to print out individual labels but it was a really quick project and for the personalised look it's definitely worth it.

I'm really happy with how it looks all neat and tidy, I wish I'd organised the pantry like this a long time ago!

How do you keep your pantry organised?


Disclosure: Thanks to Avery for providing me with these labels for review. I have not received any payment or compensation. As always, all opinions are my own.


 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png

For exclusive extras and daily updates ... follow Jarrah Jungle on Facebook and Instagram


[1st image via Avery, All other images my own]


Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic and I've got a huge case of pantry envy. I honestly can't wait till we sell our NSW house and can build over here. My current pantry is a really dodgy corner one that was clearly designed by someone that had never set foot in a kitchen to actually prepare a meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our old pantry was a big brick corner one as well which we happily took the sledge hammer too, this one is much smaller but more practical and I can see what I have easily. Building will be exciting you'll be able to get your dream pantry then :)

      Delete
  2. For someone that cooks as much as you, you need that pantry organized. The labels and containers look great!! I need to go through and clean out my pantry again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie it makes it so much easier, and looks nice and neat too :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!