Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Can you teach style?


I guess I'm about to find out I'm going to my first Interior Design session tonight. Interior Design is a huge interest of mine and I've always wanted to learn more about it but I wasn't sure how to go about it. To me design is such a creative thing I didn't think it was something you learnt, but more something that you picked up on, using your feelings and imagination and style.

I have lots of inspiration, it's all around me in my ever growing magazine collection, my recent book buying binges and of course the wonderful blogs I read daily with their constant stylish posts are my number one hit of inspiration. Yes I have lots of inspiration but what I need is the knowledge and practical sense to make it all come together. Maybe I'm just being a sensible Taurean but I just feel that I don't have that down pat yet.

What do you think ... Can you teach style?

[Image via interior design sense]
Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. I was discussing this recently with an interior design friend. I think everyone has their style but not everyone has the confidence to show that style to the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I studied Interior Design...the problem I have is NOT showing and sharing my style...but instead bending my beliefs and comfort level to meet someone else's style (or what they think is style) I don't want to hurt their feelings and tell them what they want is perhaps dated or tacky... :)
    Some people can't be taught! lol But I'm sure you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm nearly finishing Architecture and, from my own experience, I think you can learn lots of things about style.
    Everyone has its own style, but you can surely "improve" and polish it, to achieve what you want.
    Keep reading and looking for what inspires you most and you'll see :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the course! It will be hugely interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!