Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, June 7, 2010

Recipe: Herbs & Mojitos

I'm no green thumb. In fact plants usually die as I'm bringing them through the front door. I assumed nothing was safe from my freakishly unpredictable plant-killing powers until I hit upon herbs.

I'm growing parsley, oregano, mint, thyme, coriander (ok so I'm up to no.3 with this one its not liking me!). They're all thriving in their containers, which means no weeds. Most are planted from seed or cuttings, seriously SEED!


And you know the best thing about having lots of mint on hand .... Mojitos are only a shake away !

Mmmmmmmm Mojitos!

Here's the recipe from our cocktail bible Shaken sure to get your Mojo going!

Mojito
Serves 1

8 mint leaves
half a lime, chopped
15ml sugar syrup
ice cubes
60ml white rum
soda water
Muddle the mint and lime with the sugar syrup in a cocktail shaker.
Add a scoop of ice, then the rum.
Shake vigorously and strain into a chilled tumbler 2.5cm from the top, then top up with soda water.

Enjoy!


What's your favourite drink to make with herbs?



 photo F0F68C01A59FABD46732FC15E1D8816D_zpsc6047f2f.png

For exclusive extras and daily updates ... follow Jarrah Jungle on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter


[Image 1st mine and 2nd via Murdoch Books]
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!