Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, July 18, 2011

Cook-athon

You know those days when you feel like cooking and baking and then cooking some more. Well my Sunday was just like that I had a mammoth cook-athon, I kid you not this is what I made ...

Breakie - A big ole english with poached eggs, hash browns, roast tomatoes filled with herbs and melted cheese and pork sausages

Lunch - Vegetable Soup, full of all the fresh veggies in the fridge and thickened with Pearl Barley

Dinner - Chicken Cacciatore with tomatoes, wine and olives served on a bed of Risoni Pasta

Tomorrow's Dinner - Slow Cooked Curry Sausages and Veggies. Yes I actually cooked up the sausages and chopped everything ready and put it in the fridge so I could just put on the slow cooker this morning before heading off for the day

Dessert - Self Saucing Lemon and Coconut Pudding, it was warm and oozy and delicious



The pudding was timed perfectly to come out of the oven after dinner and I had a smile on my face, lots of praise from my man, and I was thinking hey I really do rock this domestic goddess stuff sometimes!
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Go you! It all sounds delicious, and a bit of praise from your man is always lovely too. I haven't had a big bakeathon day for ages, it really needs the urge to strike before it happens hey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you were on a role!! That pudding looks so yummy. I've got our slow cooker on now too so tea's all ready, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this all sounds & looks amazing! I LOVE pearl barley in veggie soup! MM delish! I could go for some right now but it's soooo hot!! xo keep on cookin!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!