Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, July 15, 2011

Underwater Art

There's one wall in the hallway opposite the bathroom that I haven't got my hands on yet and I know exactly what I want to put there. I have in mind a water scene that will reflect in the bathroom mirror. I was inspired by the stunning shore bathroom on Brooklyn Limestone which you can see more of over here. The water picture looks fantastic in the bathroom - as does the rest of the home on her amazing blog A Brooklyn Limestone in Progress.


I've been scouring etsy for some water art but haven't found the perfect piece yet - here's my favourite finds so far.

Water pictures in the bathroom go together like wine and cheese ... don't you think?

[Images from A Brooklyn Limestone in Progress; By Clare Elsaesser, Tastes Orangy Etsy; By Jason Stillman, Grace Gallery Etsy; ]
Pin It Now!

9 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 16, 2011

    i struggle with our bathroom. everytime i think something may look good in there, it just doesn't seem to work. perhaps its the pale blue old style hand basin - you know the type! and your right - water pictures will work well - love the top one you found!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes I know exactly what you mean, I have a lovely purple retro basin and tiles but I've learnt to embrace the purple and add more purple in my towels and candles etc to work with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pieces of art. I have a wall at home that would look perfect for an underwater shot too. As soon as it gets a bit warmer I am going to try and get a good underwater shot of Max and my husband. I don't know how well it will go, but I'm going to give it a go shot anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That second one is lovely - perfect for a bathroom I say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pictures are beautiful Michelle, love the middle one too :)
    Claudia xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these pictures - the first one is my favorite. Have seen this kind of art a lot lately - both paintings and photography - something tranquil about underwater :O)
    A xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, and think any art looks good in a bathroom; especially if you have a bath to luxuriate in. One day...

    ReplyDelete
  8. AnonymousJuly 20, 2011

    yep it is a perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the second image, it's quite dreamy. I clicked on the link for her etsy shop and a couple or three similar prints could look really catching.
    Thank you for your lovely comment about my renovations.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!