Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Recipe: Sour Cream and Chilli Bread

There's nothing like having a sneaky slice of bread straight from the bread maker while it's still warm and you butter it and all the butter melts in the bread and it tastes absolutely divine. Mmmmm yum! So I've been using my bread maker a bit more lately, last week I made Cheese and Herb Damper to go with a slow cooked sausage and lentil stew and this week I made Sour Cream and Chilli Bread to go with my chilli con carne and rice.

The Sour Cream and Chilli Bread was beautiful and soft with a hint of chilli at the end. I thought the sour cream would make it dense but it was quite the opposite it was light and fluffy and really soft on the inside with a crunchy crust on the outside. 
 
Sour Cream and Chilli Bread
750g loaf in bread maker
 
80ml cold water
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp salt
1 tbs brown sugar
1 tbs skim milk powder
1 tsp bread improver
440g plain flour
1 and 1/2 tsp yeast
 
Get all the ingredients out and get ready to get your bake on


Into the bread maker pan place the water, sour cream and chilli powder

 
Followed by the rest of the ingredients in the order of the list above with the yeast going in last
 
 
A couple of hours later once its mixed, kneaded, risen and baked the bread will turn out like this
 
 
It was really easy to slice it had a firm crunchy crust and a soft and fluffy inside
 
  
It was the perfect bread to serve as an accompaniment to a Mexican inspired dinner ...
Chilli con carne and rice with a generous dollop of sour cream
 
 
What's your favourite type of bread? 
 
 
[All images my own]
 
Pin It Now!

9 comments:

  1. looks delicious! I'm a sucker for rye bread since I can't eat wheat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to try to bake a loaf of rye I really like the dark grain breads. Thats a shame you cant eat wheat, actually that must really suck :(

      Delete
  2. This looks so good!I love homemade bread recipes because you almost always have the ingredients in your kitchen =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes thats so true, I find I have no excuse not to bake a loaf of bread unlike baking a cake or something I can always find an excuse why I cant bake that, mainly because Im worried about how it will turn out!

      Delete
  3. My husband loves to make bread all the time in our bread maker, I am going to send him this... yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent I hope you like it :) just a tip - if the mix is a bit crumbly just pour some more water in as its mixing until it gets a good consistency.

      Delete
  4. Ok, this looks INSANELY delicious.
    I think I need to add a breadmaker to my Christmas list JUST so I can make this bread ;]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes go on, theres nothing like the smell of fresh bread being baked and whafting through the house :)

      Delete
  5. I love a good sourdough...this one looks so lovely and fluffy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!