Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, August 22, 2013

5 Must Pack Items For A Tropical Holiday

Now that the hard work on the kitchen renovation is pretty much finished I'm looking forward to my cruise holiday onboard Voyager of the Seas that I'm going on later this year. As I'm a self confessed lover of planning what to pack I've started my list of outfits I want to take with me and what I still need to buy.

As well as New Zealand, I'm visiting the island of New Caledonia and Fiji and these places require some tropical getaway outfits. Here are my 5 must pack items for a tropical holiday ...
 
1. A pair of shorts - These are great for being a bit more adventurous when you're out sightseeing and climbing across rocks and sand to get to the beach. Just avoid the itty bitty butt cheeks hanging out style, I'm sorry but nobody wants to see that!
 

 
2. A loose tank top or fitted singlet - That you can mix and match with your bottoms ... now's the time to pick a bright colour or pattern and get into the tropics vibe.
 
 
 
3. Day dress - My favourite go to outfit is a simple summer dress, I don't need to figure out a top and a bottom, just put a dress on and I'm good to go!

 

4. Swimwear - I always take 2 bikinis in case one is still wet from the pool to the beach, they are only small so take up no room at all. There are so many styles and patterns to choose from, I'm loving this pineapple print!



5. Footwear - I don't really wear flip flops/thongs when doing lots of walking as I don't find them secure or supportive enough. But I'm a big fan of flat sandals especially ones with an ankle strap so they can't come off. These Ipenama style sandals are seriously the most comfortable footwear ever
 
A hat, sunglasses, lip balm, sunscreen and a camera are must pack items too!

What are your must pack items for a tropical holiday?


[Images via 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]
 
Pin It Now!

10 comments:

  1. My must pack items are pretty much the same as yours except x5 bathers (I love to chop & change them!) Plus, I always pack a good book & my journal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love the shorts pictured in #1 and those ombre shorts in #2 I want!! :) Great packing list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I'm with you on the booty shorts--keep something a secret, ladies. We don't need any bums peeking out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im embarrased for them, I dont know where to look!

      Delete
  4. I'm so jealous! Lovely selections, I especially like the day dresses you picked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Im a big dress fan, my favourite holiday or summer outfit!

      Delete
  5. I love to have at least one brand new mag to just browse through on holiday! I like the paisley shorts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definately need a glossy new magazine to read on holidays :)

      Delete
  6. Your list makes me want summer! A great list, and so essential! Happy holidays! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!