Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Cinematic Light Box

I've become a little obsessed with cinematic light boxes. I've been admiring them on blogs around the web for a while but I've also started to see them in shop windows for displays with cool and quirky sayings on them.

I've been trying hard to justify whether I could spend almost $400 on something that is a bit of a toy or if I should look at it as an evolving art piece that you can change the sayings and words on for some daily inspiration. I'm a real sucker for quotes and do think that I would get a lot of use out of it.

   
 
Simone from Honey and Fizz always styles her light box beautifully and I have total light box envy ... Well actually I have whole house envy Simone's home is truly amazing!



The only other issue I have is I'm not sure where to put it. I'd love to sit it on a side buffet or shelf near the kitchen so I can change up my quotes for the day. Unfortunately I don't really have anywhere in the kitchen to plug it in to light it up and I'm not sure if it will still look good without being plugged in - I'm thinking with a name like light box it needs to be lit up to be effective!

I guess it's never too early to start my Christmas list ... Santa baby I've been a good girl this year :)
What do you think of the light box?
Is it worth the splurge? 
Pin It Now!

11 comments:

  1. Could you make one? I love them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wholey Crap $400! I agree with Blythe.... is it something you could make? Would definitely be a good craft project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im not sure I can be that crafty :(
      I have been stalking ebay hoping Ill find it for less on there. Fingers crossed!

      Delete
  3. These look so cool!
    I'm with you, though . . . $400 . . . hmm . . wow . . . I would totally be asking the same questions: is it worth the money? Will I use it enough and is it incredible enough that I can justify spending that much? Can I make it or something like it for less? And where would I put it?

    I tend to be a bit of cheapskate when it comes to shopping, so I'm probably not much help, but I totally feel you because those are just so fabulous.

    Maybe Christmas is a good idea ;]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me Im the queen of bargains and I am struggling to justify the money for it. Otherwise it will be a Birthday/Anniversary/Christmas present combined ;)

      Delete
  4. If you can change the letters then it's definitely worth the splurge! but good that you're thinking about it practically!

    Another question to ponder, how hard is it to change all the letters and how long will it take?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good question imagine if it was fiddly and a pain in the ass then I would never change it! Better figure that one out beforehand too.

      Delete
  5. Oh my, that is expensive! I probably would not spend that kind of money on it. But it does look cool :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. As you know I LOVE my lightbox! It looks just as good not lit up as it does plugged in. I don't really turn mine on through the day. The price is expensive but I see it as a piece of art that I can change around easily and it is really the main feature in our kitchen. It was one of the best presents I've ever had. I did get everyone to contribute to it rather than receive a lot of small gifts. Pop it on your Xmas Wish List xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your input Simone it is a relief to hear it doesnt need to be light up that is swaying me big time! Its officially on the wish list :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!