Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, June 28, 2013

Kitchen Splash back - Tiles, Mosaics and Glass

I am really struggling to make a decision on the kitchen splash back. I've asked you guys for help on the Tiles Vs Glass Splash back and got some fantastic feedback which was really helpful thank you so much. But I still can't make up my freaking mind!

Looking back on picking the tiles for the bathroom while I did a bit of research and hunting around for looks I liked, when it came to going out and shopping for the tiles I found the perfect tiles pretty much straight away. From the one shop we walked away with the floor and wall tiles - large modern white tiles 30 x 60 to go from the floor to the ceiling and grey marble looking tiles 30 x 60 for the floor. The only bit I hunted around for was the mosaics which were the feature in the centre of the vanity and in the shower box. We sorted out the tiles without too much stress and time it was a bit of a wham bam thank you ma'am.

Last Saturday was our first day of tile shopping, we had less than 2 hours and managed to visit about half a dozen tile shops. Why tile shops don't open on a Sunday I don't know, it's very frustrating!

 
I thought I wanted tiles but the tiles that I liked the most were glass tiles - which makes me think I should just get a glass splash back. I love how the glass bounces light around and is all shiny and modern looking.
 
 
 
The other thing I'm totally into is mosaics, but not the square mosaic tiles the rectangle ones. They will be easier for us to lay ourselves than tiles will be as they're easier to cut. The trouble is we want to do the whole splash back in mosaic and at around $40 per 30 x 30 sheet we worked it out to cost about $900 just for the mosaics, that doesn't include the grout or laying them.
 
 
The mosaics we liked enough to ask for a sample are these metal type mosaics - I wasn't overly keen on them because they're square and I wanted rectangle and I don't know how long they'd stay shiny for and whether they would need to be buffed often. Mr P loves them and I admit they are pretty cool but they're pretty masculine don't you think?


The only rectangle ones I found with a bit of silver that Mr P and I could agree on are these ones. I love how they're a mixture of different materials with slate, metal and glass. But I think the cream tones will clash with the bright white cabinetry.


So we are now onto Plan B and looking at the other option of a glass splash back. Tomorrow we are setting the alarm clock early to go and check out the glass splash backs at the glass company we used to get glass cut for our french doors.

I hope their glass splash back absolutely blows me away and we decide on this final piece of the puzzle! Then we can finish painting the walls and we are done like a dinner!

For updates on the kitchen as I go Like Jarrah Jungle on Facebook and you'll never miss a thing!


[All images my own]
 
Pin It Now!

9 comments:

  1. I love the look of all of them especially the last tiles. Looking forward to seeing the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so hard to chose when they all look good! Thanks :)

      Delete
  2. I'm with you, it is a hard decision to make - I still haven't made my final decision yet either. Good luck! Lisa xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im glad Im not doing it alone! Looking forward to seeing what you choose too :)

      Delete
  3. The tiles in the very first image are divine!!! I have to say that marble always looks amaze balls against white cabinets..love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with the marble, classic, won't date. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. love all your choices, I am going for mosaic pearl tile for mine, Good luck with choosing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle where does the last tile with the sale stickerrt come from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there I tried to find an email address for you but you have the no reply set! They are all from tile shops in Osborne Park, I dont recall the exact name of that shop now sorry!!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!