Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Book Review: 50 Shames Of Earl Grey By Fanny Merkin

I won this book 50 Shames Of Earl Grey By Fanny Merkin (aka Andrew Shaffer) ironically whilst I was reading 50 Shades Of Grey
 
 
There is so much fuss and talk about the original book 50 Shades of Grey, especially the terrible writing style and the constant repetition of words like Oh My and Inner Goddess etc so it was timely that a Parody book was written to get us all laughing.

Basically this is the same story line as 50 Shades of Grey, except much more entertaining including Anna working at Walmart and Grey's idea of dressing up is wearing a smiley face tie! Grey lists his '50 shames' at the back of the book which is hilarious too.
 
I would recommend this book to those that have read 50 Shades of Grey and whether you loved or hated it, this is a good read to follow for a laugh. I give this book 4 stars.
 
Jarrah Jungle's Star Rating:
1 Bad - I'd rather eat brussel sprouts topped with anchovies than read this again
2 Not Good - I'd rather watch re-runs of Neighbours than read this again
3 Ok - I'm sitting on the fence - its not great but not terrible either
4 Good - I'd pass up a pack of tim tams for this read
5 Great - I'd pass up a date with Johnny Depp for this read

 
 
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. what an interesting twist!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is the first time I've seen your rating guide, I think that's a clever idea. I never really go on the whole 50 shades bandwagon. And I've seen people give other people the weird looks when they read the book in public, quite funny!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!