Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Turning Handmade Paper Into Art

My well travelled bestie gave me these handmade papers from Paper Ya in Vancouver which she cleverly picked out in the colours of my Living Room - green, white/cream and gold.

I wanted to do something special with them and decided to frame them and turn them into art for the Living Room.
 
 

I had a set of 3 small frames that have pretty pattern etched onto the glass so I cut the papers to size and put them into the frames
 
 





I wasn't happy with the plain white frames not only were they a bit scuffed but they didn't make the papers pop enough - I wanted them to be the feature I was framing.

So I embraced my wanting to use more colour and went through my half empty cans of spray paint and decided on gold to match in with the copper tone in the Living Room.






Now the fun bit of hanging them on the wall, it took a while to measure the frames and find the right spot for them to hang evenly - you've got to take your time and be absolutely sure before you start drilling holes and hooks into the wall. The little spirit level we use is a Godsend, never trust your eye to be straight the level knows the truth!

We hung them centred and next to the art print I got from Target a little while back.
 
 
 


 
 

My wanting to bring more gold and copper tones into the Living Room is getting there and I'm really happy with how the frames look.

This little project cost me zilch! The papers were a gift and the frames and paint I already had so with a bit of creativity and time I've turned my handmade paper into art!

Have you tackled any artsy projects lately?


Sharing with this weeks link parties:
Savvy Southern Style
The Dedicated House and
You Are Talking Too Much

 
[All images my own]

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. I love it! They look very good next to the big picture. You've got a good eye :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever and oh so effective. Love the gold tones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Michelle!!
    wow...so innovative...definitely gonna try this..lovely idea for the leftover handmade paper or even some fabric...and the frames are also preety awesome.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog...Hope to see you more often!!
    Aakanksha
    http://decor-gharaana.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so nice to do a project that really costs nothing and adds so much. Love the change of the frame to gold, really works with your space!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you hung them next to the other print, and that gold!!! Love!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving some comment love!
I will reply to your comment right here on the post so please put a tick in the NOTIFY ME box so you don't miss my reply! Cheers!!